- Processing Time
- From 6 months
- 51.5 thousand
St. Kitts and Nevis, also known in the country’s constitution as Saint Christopher and Nevis, has been independent since 1983 and forms part of the group of islands known as the Lesser Antilles located some 2,000 km to the southeast of Miami. The Federation comprises two islands: Nevis with an area of some 93.2 km2 and St. Kitts with 168.4 km2.
The country has a pleasant climate, particularly during the cooler months from December to March. Humidity is relatively low, and constant northeast trade winds keep the islands cool.The workforce is well-educated, English-speaking and friendly.
This is the longest running second citizenship program in the world, in operation since 1984. To get a St. Kitts passport, you have two options. The first – and suggested – option is to make a donation of USD 250,000 or USD 300,000, depending on your family size, to the government’s Sugar Industry Diversification Fund. This fund was established to help the workers who lost their jobs when the sugar industry became unviable. The second option is to purchase at least USD 400,000 in “government approved” (mostly overpriced) real estate. Both options require various fees.
- Option 1 – SIDF Investment
- Under this option, the applicant is to make a donation to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF).
- For a single applicant – USD 250,000
- Applicant with up to 3 dependants – USD 300,000
- Applicant with up to 5 dependants – USD 350,000
- Applicant with up to 7 dependants – USD 450,000
- Additional contribution for each dependant above seven dependants – USD 50,000
- Additional contribution for each qualified dependant (unmarried, dependent children, or parents) of the main applicant above the age of eighteen years, other than his or her spouse – USD 50,000.
The contribution into the SIDF escrow account will be made after the applicant has been approved in principal. At this stage, applicants shall be given 90 days to transfer the funds. This process takes approximately 12 weeks.
- Option 2 – Real Estate Investment
- Under the Real Estate option, the applicant should invest a minimum amount of USD 400,000 in a pre-approved real estate project. Only villas and condominium units from an approved developer will qualify you for citizenship.
- Two or more applicants may apply for citizenship by investment together by purchasing one piece of real estate, provided that each main applicant contributes the minimum investment of USD 400,000 towards the investment.
- The subsequent property buyer can apply for citizenship after the 5 years-hold period.
In addition to the investment requirement, the government and processing and due diligence fees are payable to the government of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Advantages of St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship
- 6 months after your application is lodged, you get your passport
- Valid passport for the main applicant and all eligible family members
- No interview, education or management experience required
- No requirement to travel to St. Kitts and Nevis during the application process
- St. Kitts and Nevis recognizes dual citizenship, so there is no need to renounce your other citizenship
- Visa-free travel to more than 130 countries, such as the UK, Schengen zone, Switzerland, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia
- By law you are not obliged to reside in the country, unless you want to
- You enjoy a tax-free status on foreign income, capital gains, gifts, wealth, and inheritance tax
- Through legitimate investment, you get valuable real estate in addition to citizenship and a passport
- There is no restriction on nationality to apply for the St. Kitts and Nevis Economic Citizenship program