- Processing Time
- From 2 months
- Southwestern Europe
- 10.4 million
Portugal has a unique and strategic location. Portuguese market is far larger than it may initially appear. It is a gateway to a market of about 250 million people in the Portuguese speaking countries. Located on the West Coast of Europe and at the convergence of 3 continents, Portugal is a privileged business platform for East and West.
Portugal is a founding member of the European Union and the euro zone. According to the World Bank, the Portuguese economy is the 43rd largest in the world and over the past 40 years one of the OECD economies with highest GDP growth rate.
Portugal is also a safe country with great logistic infrastructures, advanced communication systems, and a friendly economic environment. These are some of the reasons why many world leading companies are choosing Portugal to invest. Furthermore, Portugal is not only a good country to invest but also a most desirable place to live. Portugal is blessed by abundant sunlight and warm temperatures that, certainly, makes you feel motivated and productive.
The Golden Residence Visa Program, initiated in late 2012, is an attractive investment opportunity designed specifically by the government of Portugal to entice high-net-worth foreigners to invest their money in the Portuguese economy. In return, these individuals and their dependents can become residents, and later citizens, of Portugal, without giving up their original citizenship.
There are 3 investment options that foreign nationals, either individually or through a company, shall consider for a minimum period of five years to fulfill Golden Residence Permit requirements.
- Option 1 – Capital Transfer
- Performing an investment activity for a minimum period of five years must be attested by a bona fide declaration signed by the Applicant
- Invest at least EUR 1,000,000
- Provide evidence that the investor (you) is the sole or first holder of capital; or, the acquisition of stocks or shares of companies
- An up-to-date certificate issued by the Commercial Register, certifying that the applicant holds a share in the capital of a company
- Option 2 – Job Creation
- An up-to-date certificate issued by the Social Security, confirming creation of 10 positions
- Option 3 – Ownership of Real Estate Property
- Public deed or promissory share-purchase agreement of the property, with a declaration of an authorized financial institution to exercise its activity in Portugal stating the effective transfer of capital to its acquisition or to execute as a down payment of the promise to purchase in equal or superior value of EUR 500,000
- An up-to-date certificate issued by the Real Estate Registry, which must always be, in the case of contract-promise and where legally feasible, the respective register
Advantages of Portuguese Residency by Investment
- No entry visa for Portugal
- Living, working, retire, have access to quality healthcare and education in Portugal
- Residency extended to family members
- Minimal physical presence requirement
- Growing real estate market
- Permanent Residency after 5 years
- Citizenship after 6 years