- Processing Time
- From 4 months
- 91.3 thousand
Antigua and Barbuda is an independent Commonwealth state in the Eastern Caribbean. Antigua is 14 miles long and 11 miles wide and its flatland topography was well suited to produce its early crops of tobacco, cotton and ginger. The main industry, however, developed into sugar cane farming which lasted for over 200 years. Today, following its independence from Britain in 1981, Antigua’s key industry is tourism and related service industries. The next largest employers are the finance services industry and the government.
Tourism is the key driver of GDP and generates around 60% of the island’s income, with key target markets being the US, Canada and Europe. The citizenship-by-investment program requires a person to make a significant economic contribution to the country. In exchange, and subject to a stringent application procedure, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their families are granted citizenship. To qualify for citizenship, the person must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements and select one of the three available options.
- Option 1 – Real Estate Investment
- At least USD 400,000 into one of the approved real estate projects
- Such investments cannot be disposed of within a five year period or before the proposed development, in which the investment has been made, has been substantially completed.
- Option 2 – Contribution to NDF
- Single applicant – contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) of a minimum non-refundable amount of USD 200,000
- Option 3 – Business Investment
- Investment of a minimum of USD 1,500,000 directly into an eligible business as a sole investor; or
- Joint investment involving at least 2 persons in an eligible business, totaling at least USD 5,000,000 and each of those persons individually invests at least USD 400,000
Under each of these options, there are government processing fees of USD 50,000 for the main applicant. Additional government processing fees of USD 50,000 apply for the spouse, any dependent child of 18 to 25 years of age and any dependent parent over the age of 65 years, as well as USD 25,000 for each dependent child under 18 years of age.
There are also due diligence fees of USD 7,500 for the main applicant and USD 7,500 for the spouse, USD 2,000 for any dependent child of 12 to 17 years and USD 4,000 for any dependent child of 18 to 25 years of age as well as any dependent parent over the age of 65 years.
Advantages of Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship
- Those who acquire Antigua and Barbuda citizenship and passport will be afforded all rights available to the country’s natural citizens.
- Visa-free travel to 130 countries (EU Schengen member States, including Canada, Guadeloupe, French Guyana, Martinique, the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, St. Martin and St. Barths, and others)
- Dual citizenship – applicants are not required to relinquish citizenship in his or her home country
- Resident status for dependents – tuition for institutes of higher learning in Antigua and Barbuda are far less expensive for students with resident status
- Applicant information confidentiality is expressly preserved by law
- Access to international banking institutions
- Strong asset protection laws and well-regulated financial services
- Stable democratic government and legal system based on English common law